Small Group Instruction
Small Group Instruction: Guided Reading
This workshop is designed to help teachers lead their students toward becoming independent, strategic readers. Teachers will learn how to group students according to instructional level, how to match readers to books, flexible grouping strategies, and the process for small group instruction and classroom management techniques.
- Understand the purpose for Guided Reading
- Understand how to group for Guided Reading
- Learn how to match books to readers
- Understand how to assess students for flexible grouping
- See how to emphasize comprehension strategies during the reading process
- Learn the Guided Reading process.
- Focus on fiction and expository text
- Learn classroom management techniques
Presented by: Elisa Brente-Fair