Manual Authorship Credits
School and District Based Experiences
- Stepping Into Literacy (a course for pre-K)
- ELIC now known as Developing Literacy First (a course for K-3)
- LLIFE now known as Supporting Literacy (a course for 4-8)
- After writing the manuals, Yvonne trained the consultants and instructors for these courses. She also helped to develop the manual for the RISE course (a course for English Language Learners). She was part of a four member team in developing a long distance learning course for pre-school teachers.
- TELL (Teacher Enrichment for Leadership in Literacy); co-author, of a three year project to develop teacher leaders within school districts.
- Elementary Remedial Reading
- Elementary Education
- English/Language Arts
- Secondary Remedial Reading
- Secondary Developmental Reading
- Specific Learning Disabilities
- Adjunct University Professor
- Facilitator, Instructor, Consultant
- 1987: Granted the WI Women Leaders in Education Award
- 1989: Won the US WEST Outstanding Teacher award on the national level which qualified Yvonne for a year's paid sabbatical to visit child-centered classrooms across the USA and Canada.
- 1991-2000 Rigby Training Faciliator for:
- ELIC (Early Literacy Inservice Course) for grades K - 3: (12 weeks)
- LLIFE (Literacy and Learning in Grades 4 - 8) (12 weeks)
- L4L (Leadership for Literacy): Two day inservice for principals
- Early Childhood Course: (6 weeks)
- Parents, Children and Literacy Course: (6 weeks)
- Paraprofessional Course: (6 weeks)
- Facilitator (Literacy Coaches) Training: (2 weeks)
- Mentor training: (12 weeks): Trained teacher leaders
- B.A. Elementary Education, College of St. Catherine, St. Paul, MN
- M.S.E. Reading and Learning Disabilities, University of Wisconsin, River Falls, WI
- Continuing Education: 100+ Credits beyond M.S.E.
Top of Page